Welcome to Our Corner of the Earth
Chess Earth is a premier organization based in Cincinnati, Ohio that is dedicated to all things chess.
Our Cincy Tornado's have a new format:
1.) If you beat the Highest Rated Master, in this case Carl Boor, you automatically receive $50 and $25 for a draw.
2.) Biggest Rated Upset Prize: $30
3.) Floating 2nd Prize: Section with most players get $50 added as a 2nd place Prize to that section.
Swiss Double Blitz Prize Fund - Entry Fee $20
**6 Round Swiss and you play each opponent twice**
7:30pm Start Time. b/20 - Open: 1st - $120 2nd - $70
Under 1900 $60 - $20 Under 1400 $60 - $20
Cincy Tornado's Tournament Schedule
Monthly Cincinnati Chess Tournament
- September 20th - The After Party: Swiss Double 9:00am New 1st Rd. Start Time
- Swiss Double Speed Chess Tournament starting at 7:30pm - $20 Entry Fee
6 Round Swiss and you play each opponent twice.
- October 18th - Positional By Nature 9:00am New 1st Rd. Start Time
- November 29th - Thanksgiving Chess 9:00am New 1st Rd. Start Time
- December 20th - Five Days Til Christmas 9:00am New 1st Rd. Start Time
Playing Site: First Baptist Church (corner of Winton Rd. and Sharon Rd. 11195 Winton Rd. Cinti, OH 45218
Cincy Tornado: Unorthodox Openings
held on July 19th, 2014
There was a 3 way tie for 1st Place:
- Hazen Frick (picture below)
- Blake Baumgartner (with red shirt)
- Vito Carla
Cincy Tornado: Unorthodox Openings Crosstable:
Vito Carla "Italian Iron Man"
Noah (on left) playing Hazen in the 3rd round.
Register today for a reduced entry fee of $30. Entry Fee is $35 at the site.
To register and pay for the next Cincy Tornado chess tournament click here. The tournament entry fees can be paid online with any credit card or Paypal
Artwork hanging at Cincy Tornado.
Mystery Question. When and Where was this picture taken? Email answer/response to email@example.com. First to give correct answer will receive a prize. A nice mystery prize.
Bobby Fischer (left). Fidel Castro (seated with hat on). Standing behind Castro is Tigran Petrosian.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: